The category mapping can be used to override Google's automatic product categorization in certain cases. A new field must be added in the Google feed with "google_product_category".
Then a new column with the column name "google_product_category" and the value "Google Category ID" can be added in the feed engine under "Edit structure".
The Google categories are only relevant for the feeds.
- On the left side are the store categories.
- In the middle area, by entering a search term, the product category defined by Google can be picked out and assigned.
- On the right side there are the following options:
- X Symbol: remove an assignment
- Menu icon:
- Apply selection to all subcategories
- Reset all subcategories
- Plus/minus icon: Show/hide subcategories
- Show category IDs: shows the internal Elasticsearch ID of the store category
Updated over 1 year ago